I recently moved to a new location and finding amazing eating spots near my house is my newfound interest. I located this cool spot near a local mini-mart situated close to our neighborhood with one of the sweetest food so you would like their grilled chicken and pork with fries or ugali. For a hearty meal, you can even order for a group to eat in.
For the days you’re excited to make a meal for one or two, buy meat from the butchery and prepare this sweet quick recipe from the comfort of your home. You can use either pork or chicken depending on your preference. The special ingredient to the meat is a special mixture you can whip in a small bowl in less than 10 minutes.
Here are instructions for making a heavy finger-licking meal in close to 25 minutes. You can use a grill or oven to cook your meal.
1. Grilled BBQ Chicken Wings.
Ingredients For One Serving.
|1/4 Clove||Fresh Garlic|
|1&1/2 Table spoons||Olive Oil (Divided)|
|50 Ml||BBQ Sauce|
|50 Ml||Sour Cream, Salt, Pepper, Sugar, Paprika.|
Zester 2 Citrus Juicer, 2oven, Cutting Board, Knife, Tongs, Freezer Bag, Baking Tray, Parchment Paper, Small Bowl.
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees. Crush garlic and remove green sprout. Zest and juice Limes. Finely chop garlic, Chili and Cilantro.
- Season Chicken wings with salt and pepper.
- In a large freezer bag, mix together garlic, chili,lime,juice, lime zest, half of the cilantro, olive oil and BBQ sauce with chicken until welll combined. Season with salt, pepper, sugar, and paprika.
- Remove chicken wings from freezer bag and shake off any excess liquid. Arrange chicken wings on a lined baking tray and bake for aprox 25-30min, at 180 degrees until golden brown.Flip wings halfway through baking time.
- Juice the lime ina a small bowl, mix together sour cream, remaining cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, sugar, and olive oil.
- Enjoy a fresh dip with the chicken wings
2. Mini Meatloaf
Ingredients For 4 Servings.
|1/4 kg||ground beef|
|⅓ cup||onion, finely chopped|
|½ cup||crackers, crushed|
|½ cup||cooked lentils|
|¼ cup||brown sugar|
|sat and pepper as desired|
- Step 1/7Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Step 2/7
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup crackers, crushed
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- sat and pepper as desired
- 1/4 kg ground beef Mix ingredients into a large bowl – egg, ground turkey, onion, crackers, cooked lentils, oregano, sage and thyme. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Step 3/7
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchupIn a separate, small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and ketchup.
- Step 4/7Spray oil onto muffin pan.
- Step 5/7Press meat into each muffin cup. You should be able to fill 12 cups.
- Step 6/7Add a dollop of the brown sugar/ketchup topping to each cup of meat.
- Step 7/7Bake until cooked through, about 35 minutes or so. The mini meatloaf will be done when a thermometer inserted into its thickest part reads 160 degrees F.
For a snack after running errands, I highly recommend hotdogs made as you watch by your local chef outside the supermarkets. One doesn’t seem to fill you enough and having two is good for your feel-good hormones. My new favorite guilty pleasure is having hotdogs with lemon tea. Best served hot with the toppings you love.
b. Fried Fish
You can try fish and chips for lunch next time you are outside. Next to our local gas station, I found this shop where they prepare your tilapia stew in less than 30minutes. The moment you dip your chips in the fried onions & tomatoes oily paste you will be happy with your decision to have this filling meal.
Serve with water or juice. Steam some vegetables and enjoy a balanced diet meal at a pocket-friendly price.