1. Youtube Shorts Will Pay Its Creators, Unlike Tiktok.
Content Creators of the newly unveiled YouTube Shorts can now earn up to $10,000 (KSH 1,100,000) based on viewership and engagement of their Shorts content as YouTube unveils a new $100 million YouTube Shorts Fund to be distributed over 2021-2022.
The Shorts Fund is the first step in building a monetization model for Shorts on YouTube and is a chance for creators to earn and build their growing businesses as the world focuses on economic recovery.
The fund will be distributed to thousands of eligible creators each month as a bonus payment, based on their content’s performance in the previous month.
According to the platform, channels must meet the minimum eligibility requirements to be qualified for the reward for their creative and unique Shorts.
2. Minimum Eligibilty Requirements For Youtube Shorts Monetization.
To be eligible for a bonus from the YouTube Shorts Fund:
- Channels need to have uploaded at least one eligible Short in the last 180 days.
- Channels need to abide by YouTube’s Community Guidelines, copyright rules, and monetization policies.
- Channels uploading videos with watermarks or logos from third-party social media platforms, non-original videos (for example, unedited clips from movies or TV shows), or videos reuploaded from other creator’s channels will not be eligible.
- Creators must be in one of these countries/regions:
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Note: Youtube plans to expand eligibility to more countries/regions.
- Creators must be 13 or older in the United States, or the age of majority in their country/region.
- Creators 13–18 years old must have a parent or guardian accept terms and set up an AdSense account for payment when one isn’t already linked to their channel.
Channels do not need to be currently monetizing on YouTube to be eligible. Creators in the YouTube Partner Program and channels that are affiliates under a Multi-Channel Network (MCN) are also eligible.
3. Tips For Creating The Best Youtube Shorts.
1. Spice up your video with music
Without music in the background, your YouTube Shorts video can appear boring. You can add music to your Shorts by tapping the Add Music icon at the top and selecting one of the preset songs. That way you can then create lip sync and dancing videos using the song.
You can also add audio from other YouTube videos into your YouTube Shorts video. To add music, click on the ‘Add Music’ tab and you’ll be taken to a library of music from famous artists that you can use. The page also shows which tracks are most often used in Shorts videos.
2. Adjust the speed of your video to suit your idea.
With YouTube Shorts, you have more freedom to experiment with the recording speed. Any of the five possible speeds can be used to produce slow-mo or sped-up effects.
With the Speed button, you can slow down or speed up a video by 0.3 or 3 times.
4. Add text to your video.
Would you want to spice up the Shorts video with various text styles and colors? You can add various text styles and modify them with varying colors, alignments, widths, and other options from the Next screen.
Try it out.
5. Import videos from your phone’s gallery.
In certain instances, you might already have videos that you believe will be perfect for your YouTube Shorts video. No stress. Not only can you record your videos using the Shorts camera, but you can also upload videos from your gallery to create that next viral video.
It’s as easy as clicking on the gallery button at the bottom left corner of the record screen, choosing a video, editing it to suit your requirements, adding commentary or music, and then uploading.
6. String multiple video clips together.
In order to create the best video, you may need to pause and resume filming in between takes. With the multi-segment camera on YouTube Shorts, you can string multiple video clips together, removing the need for an external editor.
Simply release the record button while shooting to pause the video and resume recording when you push the record button again.
7. Make your video eye-catching with video filters.
Content creators will be able to switch to varying filters in the recording and editing screens within the Shorts camera. Filters enable users to color correct footage or change the look & feel of a video.